Gum disease or periodontal disease is a bacterial infection caused by accumulation of dental plaque on the teeth. It is a disease that affects the gums and supporting structures of the teeth. Gingivitis is an early stage of periodontal disease where the gums may become red, swollen, bleed easily and can be painful.
Warning Signs :
- Red, swollen or tender gums
- Bleeding while brushing or flossing
- Gums that pull away from the teeth
- Loose or separating teeth
- Pus between the gum and the tooth
- Persistent bad breath
- A change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
- A change in the fit of partial dentures
If you are worried or have any of the above symptoms please do not hesitate to call the Balmoral Dental Centre.